Storya’s Web3 Whitepaper — Intro
Storya is a new creator economy super-app that offers creators from all over the world free access to Artificial Intelligence and blockchain tools to create, share and monetize multimedia stories, with an early focus on fiction writing and writers.
We have launched on iOS and Android app stores so feel free to dive right in our amazing community of hundreds of creators from around the world sharing their stories.
Storya exists with the singular purpose of creating a more inclusive, equitable and diverse creator economy. All our technology, our business model, and communities, exist in service of that goal.
As a step to that broader goal, we believe it is critical to provide creators with the tools to achieve financial independence and sustainable revenue streams from their creativity.
That, we believe, is the role of blockchain-based solutions as a core component of the Storya project, which encompass the use of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), Cryptocurrencies, and the Metaverse. We will be referring to this set of innovations as “Web3” here for short, even though the term includes an even wider range of technologies such as Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality hardware and software.
Some brief definitions:
- NFTs are data linked to digital assets stored on a specific blockchain that can be bought, sold, and traded. So far, NFTs have been primarily made up of collections of pictures, but any digital asset can be linked to an NFT, such as ebooks, music, videos, etc. The largest marketplace for NFTs as of the time of this article is OpenSea.
- Cryptocurrencies are blockchain-based currency systems, the most popular being Bitcoin and Ethereum, whose most notable characteristics are “distributed ledger technology”, which ensure a consistent, peer-to-peer based public record of transactions, and finite supply, obtained through the process of solving complex computing tasks, also known as mining.
- The Metaverse is broadly understood as the next iteration of the Internet. It is currently envisioned as a set of 3D environments (think videogames) where people, businesses and experiences can coexist whether through the use of traditional devices like computers and mobile phones, or through the use of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality tools. At the moment, Metaverse platforms like Decentraland and Spatial allow people and organizations to create virtual events, gallery spaces, concerts, games, social gatherings, and more. Assets made available in the Metaverse are often blockchain based, such as the ability to display and trade NFTs, or the ability to buy virtual land on Metaverse platform in exchange for cryptocurrencies.
Where does Storya fit in this?
The upcoming Storya NFT Collections, $Storya Token and StoryaVerse will embody our goal of supporting creators in monetizing their stories in new and creative ways by leveraging these emerging Web3 technologies.
- Our first NFT Collection, the 2022 Launch Pass, will be launched as both a means of crowdfunding the Storya project itself, as well as a blueprint for Storya users seeking to launch their own NFT collections with the help of the Storya platform.
- The upcoming $Storya Token will perform several function, the most basic ones being (a) the ability for Storya Users to buy and sell NFTs minted by Storya Creators, and (b) buy and sell other creative services through the Storya platform, such as those provided by illustrators, animators, narrators, editors, and translators, among many others. We expect Storya’s growth to fuel a rise in the value of our $Storya Token, thus incentivising early adopters.
This roadmap stands on the shoulders of the great Storya community and product already built. The Storya mobile and web app is already available on the iOS and Android app stores as well as through browsers, for mobile-registered users, at this link. We have over 1500 users at just three months from launch, a third of them creators publishing their fiction on our platform across a dozen genres and as many languages.
More information about the Storya’s first NFT project, our 2022 Launch Pass, can be found on our Telegram group.
You can follow updates about Storya on our socials, all links are listed on our linktree.